Research that delivers a sound evidence base for discussions by industry with Government and key organisations
Research represents a key pillar of Caravan Industry Association of Australia and plays an important role in supporting greater recognition of the size and strength of the market to Australia’s economy.
Each year Caravan Industry Association of Australia, with the financial support of the State Associations, undertakes robust research so that findings can be used to support policy development as well as business and marketing decisions.
To date, the following research has been undertaken:
- Annual release of the State of the Industry report profiling the performance of our industry in 2015 and 2016.
- Ongoing release of the annual Caravan and Campervan Data report based on the ABS Motor Vehicle Census year ending 31 January 2015 (compiled by BDO).
- Introduced the sector’s first biannual Industry Sentiment survey measuring business conditions and confidence within the caravan and camping industry – currently in its third edition.
- Launched CaravanStats.com.au as the one-stop research portal, which draws on data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, state and territory governments, and accommodation providers to support individual businesses and the overall industry.
- Commenced reporting accommodation occupancy and yield statistics via the CaravanStats platform, which replaces the ABS’s Survey of Tourism Accommodation – data that hasn’t been available since 2010.
- Continued collection and reporting of recreational vehicle manufacturing data.
- Released the Australian Real Richness Report study to measure the intangible social and health benefits of going on a caravanning and camping holiday in Australia.
- Conducted an extensively profile of caravan and camping consumers to measure purchase behaviours, market segments and product preferences.
- Collaborated with Houston Consulting to examine the caravan and camping consumer trends to 2030.
As the caravan and camping industry grows from strength to strength, our research agenda will continue to reflect the needs of industry.
- We will begin collecting and publishing RV Sales Data for the first time.
- Continue to publish an informative and growing research suite.
- RV purchase intention research.
- International caravan and camping visitor patterns and behaviours.
- Ongoing provision of research for marketing and social media campaigns.
- Collection and analysis of RV import data.
State of Industry 2017
The State of the Industry is a comprehensive review of all caravanning and camping tourism figures, recreational vehicle manufacturing and registration statistics for 2016.
If you have an idea for research, would like to contribute to our accommodation data collection project or would like to seek collaboration with the research team, please contact email@example.com