Rainbow Accreditation Criteria
Caravan Holiday Parks applying for accredited status in the Rainbow Accreditation program, must be able to show evidence of compliance with the criteria as set out below;
Code of Ethics Statement
The business aspires to meet the following standards in delivering Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex friendly’ visitor experiences:
- Treat all people in the same professional, non-discriminatory manner;
- Provide a genuine interest in and welcome the LGBTI traveller;
- Provide a safe and comfortable environment;
- Acknowledge and respond promptly and courteously with all client concerns and possible source of complaint.
- Eliminate any practice, which could be damaging to the LGBTI community and our guests.
Awareness and knowledge of Sex Discrimination Act
- The business owner and its employees are aware of, have knowledge and understanding of the Sex Discrimination Amendment (Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Intersex Status) Act 2013
- The business owner and employees have knowledge and Understanding of direct and indirect discrimination and are aware that they cannot engage in any conduct which offends, humiliates, intimidates, insults, or ridicules another person on the basis of their gender, marital status, relationship status (including same sex relationships), pregnancy, breastfeeding, parental status and family responsibilities.
- The business includes in its induction training with new employees brochures on Sexual orientation, gender identity and intersex status discrimination (https://www.humanrights.gov.au/sites/default/files/GPGB_sogiis_discrimination_0.pdf ) and ensure they have sufficient knowledge and understanding before or at the commencement of employment.
Workplace free of harassment and discrimination
Steps the business has taken would include:
- Development of an anti-discrimination and equal opportunity employment policy
- Policies and procedures are publicised to all employees
- Anti-discrimination information is provided to all employees including managers and supervisors
- Complaints are investigated promptly and confidentially according to set policies and procedures
Provision of information for LGBTI tourists
The business provides information related to local support and services for LGBTI tourist
Literature on display at reception such as:
- Brochures for LGBTI friendly services
- Directories for LGBTI local support and services
- Flyers to LGBTI friendly events
The business website will provide links to LGBTI information such as:
- Information for Gay and Lesbian visitors to (state relevant)
- Gay and Lesbian Tourism Australia (GALTA) www.galta.com.au Events news and entertainment for LGBTI community www.starobserver.com.au