Caravan Park Infrastructure funding is open for submission through the Austrade website, Monday 21 November through to December 22, 2022.
It is with great pleasure that we announce that the $10 million funding program will be live on Austrade’s website from today – Monday 21 November. We encourage you to head over to the website now to read through the eligibility criteria, key dates, and application process.
To assist in the process, Caravan Industry Association of Australia will be holding an industry briefing on Wednesday 23 November at 2pm (AEDT). If you wish to attend the briefing, you can register and submit your question here.
Registrations will be capped at 1000 participants, so get in early to register your attendance. For those that can’t attend the session or miss out on registration, the session will be recorded and made available on our webpage to view at your convenience.
For information on the grant and the application process, visit Austrade’s page here.
The eligibility criteria is available on the Austrade website for reference when submitting your application.
The key criteria points are:
- Projects will be funded 1:1 from $10,000 to $100,000 (i.e. projects from $20,000 and upwards) for caravan parks with a turnover of $10 million or less (1:2 for parks with a turnover of $10 million plus – i.e. $2 required for every dollar of government funding);
- Associated entities can receive a maximum of $300,000 in total (which could be spread over 3 to 30 projects);
- Projects are not for Disaster or COVID-19 relief (we do understand and appreciate both the criteria and timing will be challenging for some caravan parks that are under direct stress at the moment);
- Projects will need to link to objectives under Thrive 2030; and
- Projects will need to be completed by 15 May 2024.
The grant portal will be open for five weeks between Thursday 21 November and Thursday 22 December.
While we appreciate the challenges associated with the application dates, we have worked with the Federal Department around the ease of the application process and feared a delayed application closing date into 2023 would compromise the ability for some projects to be able to be completed by a fixed completion date of May 2024.
We encourage you to reach out as early as possible and as often as required, to ourselves here or the Austrade department here to ensure you get an application for funding submitted before the closing date.
We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming briefing session.