Defib Subsidy FAQ

Please find below answers to commonly asked questions regarding the Caravan Park Defibrillator Subsidy Program.

Do I have to be a member or contributor to a state or national caravan and camping association to access the subsidy?

You are not required to be a member of any association to access the subsidy, however we would strongly encourage your business to get involved with your caravan and camping industry association.  Initiatives such as this one cannot be achieved without the guidance and financial support of businesses to help develope a sustainable industry.

How long do I have to access the defib subsidy?

The Caravan Park Defibrillator Subsidy Program is a two year program running from the 1st of July 2019 to the 30th of June 2021 unless the grant amount ($1 million) has been expended before the close date.  Please note, applications for the subsidy are on a first come, first-served basis. 

Can the subsidy include the purchase of a cabinet for the defib?

If purchased as a bundle, the subsidy will also cover the cost of a cabinet. If there are any additional items in the bundle, please contact before you purchase as they may be covered by the subsidy.

If I have already purchased a defib, can I claim the subsidy?

If you have purchased your defib on or after the 1st of July 2019, you are eligible to claim the subsidy.  Unfortunately, any defibs purchased before the 1st of July 2019 cannot be claimed.

Can I use any State Association discount offers with the subdisy?

Yes you can – please contact your State Association to find out what discounts or specials may be applicable. 

My defib has been damaged or stolen since claiming the subsidy, can I claim for another purchase?

In the event your purchased defibrillator becomes damaged due to events such as vandalism, fire or flooding, you may apply for an additional subsidy.  Please contact before purchasing a replacement defib to ensure you qualify for the subsidy.

My business/organisation owns multiple caravan parks, how many subsidies can I access?

Each subsidy relates to the purchase of a defibrillator per caravan park.   If your business/organisation owns multiple caravan parks, you can access the subsidisation for each caravan park you own/manage.

Can I use any supplier to purchase my defibrillator?

Your defibrillator can be purchased from any  supplier as long as the defibrillator you purchase is located on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods List. It is also recommended to check with your relevant State Association before purchasing a defib, as additional discounts or support may be applicable to members.  A current list of suppliers who have expressed an interest in supplying caravan parks can be found here.

Still have a question?

Email your query to