This year, Caravan Industry Association of Australia has met with over 20 key Federal Government representatives, and made 11 submissions on behalf of over 1,500 industry businesses.
As the peak national body for caravanning and camping, we hold positions on seven Federal and State working groups and committees, and this year fronted the Productivity Commission on the Bass Strait Passenger Vehicle Equalisation Scheme.
In the past few months, Caravan Industry Association of Australia has been actively pushing forward industry issues directly to our senior Federal Ministers and Senators. Our most recent meetings have been with:
- The Hon Warren Truss MP (Deputy Prime Minister, Minister for Infrastructure and Regional Development)
- The Hon Joe Hockey MP (Federal Treasurer)
- The Hon Andrew Robb AO, MP (Minister for Trade and Investment)
- The Hon Ian MacFarlane MP (Minister for Industry)
- Senator the Hon Stephen Parry (President of the Senate)
- Senator Jacqui Lambie
We will continue to raise the profile of the industry and advocate industry issues with key decision makers, their advisors, and Federal Departments, in 2015.