Supplier Accreditation Program (SAP)
SAP is about leadership and professionalism. The program will identify the leaders in the industry and recognise their professionalism in achieving benchmark performance levels in business planning, risk management, business improvement, HR management and Sales and Service conduct. It provides a framework for good business practice and encourages continuous review and improvement. It also provides an assurance to consumers and the industry that operators possess a commitment to quality and good customer service.
The Supplier Accreditation Program has the following characteristics:
• A single level program, based on self-assessment supplemented by an on-site assessment by an independent assessor yearly during the accreditation period
• Subject to an annual renewal
• Self-funded by the caravan industry
• Managed by the industry at national level, (or under sub-licence through a relevant state caravanning association)
• Incorporates and adheres, at an absolute minimum, to the national standards established by Caravan Industry Association of Australia which issues the national Accreditation “key” logo
• Consistent with the principle of continuous improvement, the national program will be reviewed regularly
Why accreditation benefits business
Accreditation recognises those dealers committed to achieving high standards.
The benefits to you for participating in this program include:
• Development of a useful, comprehensive Business Plan for your business
• Ideas for improving productivity and profitability through good management of your staff, supplier facilities and customer interactions
• Competitive advantage in selected marketing campaigns and recognition by the industry as a reliable, professional operation
• May assist you gaining a competitive advantage in seeking business loans, insurance etc. An accredited operator can demonstrate astute, productive management
Caravan Industry Association of Australia strongly believes that for this program to be sustainable and credible, it should not rely on government subsidy or on-going assistance from other areas within the Caravan Industry Association of Australia budget.
Caravan Industry Association of Australia has therefore made a commitment that its National Accreditation Program will be self-funded.
It is recognised that not all suppliers will opt for accreditation, so those who do choose to apply will pay for its administration and assessment. Any surplus revenue will go into supporting the program.
In return, those operators will be the ones nominated for marketing opportunities, being recognised as suppliers with the most reliable and professional management and customer sales and service systems in the industry.
Viability of the program is a key concern. Therefore, Caravan Industry Association of Australia has assessed all likely costs and contingencies in establishing and running the program before setting the fees.
Initial Fee (Additional to Annual Fee for initial year only)
Amount (GST not Included)
|If you ARE NOT a contributor to the National Marketing and Advocacy Fund and you ARE NOT member of your State Association.||$2,000|
|If you EITHER contribute to the National Marketing and Advocacy Fund OR ARE a member of your State Association.||$1,000|
|If you contribute to the National Marketing and Advocacy Fund AND are a member of your State Association.||$500|
Amount (GST not Included)
|If you ARE NOT a contributor to the National Marketing and Advocacy Fund and you ARE NOT member of your State Association.||$5,000|
|If you EITHER contribute to the National Marketing and Advocacy Fund OR ARE a member of your State Association.||$2,000|
|If you contribute to the National Marketing and Advocacy Fund AND are a member of your State Association.||$1,000|
Management of the Program
The program is managed by Caravan Industry Association of Australia and overseen by Caravan Industry Association of Australia’s Board. The board is made up of representatives across the whole of industry who are successful leaders and well regarded within the industry.
In some geographical regions, SAP will be administered by state caravanning associations under sub-licence from Caravan Industry Association of Australia. Under any such arrangement, the state caravanning association will be authorised to undertake necessary assessments, appeals etc, to independently test against the SAP criteria applicable in that region.
Under a sub-licence to a state caravanning association, the SAP criteria for that state may be modified by the relevant state caravanning association, however will be at a minimum of that detailed in the standard SAP national criteria.
Caravan Industry Association of Australia will:
• Act as the issuing authority for accreditation certificates
• Ensure the assessment and annual renewal of accreditation status
• Maintain a national register of accredited operators
• Conduct appeals, and remove accreditation status
• Review and improve the accreditation program
• Report performance of the program to the Caravan Industry Association of Australia national Board.
Assessment of Applications
Caravan Industry Association of Australia assesses applications from industry suppliers and, if all criteria are met, approves accreditation and presents Certificates of Accreditation on behalf of the Caravan Industry Association of Australia.
The annual renewal of your accredited status involves signing a declaration that all documents and compliance are still current and that implementation of plans is occurring and payment of the renewal fee.
An on-site assessment by an independent assessor will be conducted each year to verify compliance and statements made in your application. This visit is not intended to be a disciplinary experience, but an opportunity to discuss your progress, ideas and comments on the program.
A procedure for appeals allows operators a right of appeal against decisions relating to the non-approval or removal of Accreditation. Appeals are to be made by the operator to General Manager – Industry Development – Caravan Industry Association of Australia.
The basis for appeals is to be limited to a refusal to grant accreditation or a removal of accreditation. Criticism of the accreditation program content is not a valid basis for appeal.
Loss of Accreditation
You can lose accreditation if:
• You fail to maintain compliance with the requirements or fail to pay the required annual fee; or
• There are substantiated complaints about your business reflecting a serious breakdown in a standard required; or
• There are regular substantiated reports of failure to maintain the defined requirements; or
If Caravan Industry Association of Australia becomes aware of any of the above situations and advises the operator of same, that operator has a maximum of three months to rectify the situation before the Caravan Industry Association of Australia acts to remove accreditation.
Licensing Agreement and Use of Logo
Approval of the application for accreditation will give the supplier operator the right to display the Certificate of Accreditation, the Accreditation logo and Code of Conduct. They must be prominently displayed and are for use only in accordance with these guidelines and only when accreditation is current. The logo may be displayed on any brochures, literature or signage.
The accreditation logo however displayed remains the property of the issuing authority, Caravan Industry Association of Australia of whom retains the right to recover use of the logo directly from the individual business. If a supplier has accreditation withdrawn, or chooses not to renew, he/she is responsible for returning certificate, signs and logos to Caravan Industry Association of Australia immediately.
Promotion of your Accreditation
Promotion of accredited suppliers will be supported by Caravan Industry Association of Australia from surplus funds derived from this accreditation program.
The onus is on you to promote the meaning of the logo and the advantages to your customers. You are also responsible for meeting customer expectations about accreditation, for maintaining your high standards and for continually seeking to improve your management practices and customer service.
After you become accredited, Caravan Industry Association of Australia will provide you with:
- The logo to display and use in your promotional materials
• An Accreditation Certificate and Code of Conduct certificate to display
• Opportunities to be included in accreditation specific promotions