Queensland’s micro tourism businesses and tourism SMEs have until 19 July to nominate for the inaugural QTIC Prize for Innovation in Tourism. This is an opportunity to win a share of more than $30,000 in prizes!
The program is open to micro* and small to medium sized* Queensland tourism enterprises that have developed and adopted innovative products, services & processes between January 2012 and June 2013 within Queensland.
The winner’s prize includes:
- Business support valued at $25,000 comprising Stage 1 & 2 of the Velocis Program (provided by the Queensland Government and delivered by the Australian Institute for Commercialisation);
- Travel voucher valued at $2,000 (provided by Qantas Airways Limited);
- Development and distribution across Australia and Asia Pacific of a dedicated Public Relations (PR) Case Study in partnership with EC3 Global.
The runner up receives:
- Free membership to the EarthCheck International Certification program valued at $3,800.
EarthCheck is an internationally recognised environmental management and certification program which improves operational performance of member organisations and reduces costs.
Key Program Dates
Nominations Due – Friday 19 July
Submissions Due – Friday 6 September
Judging of entries – end of September
Winner & Runner Up announcement at industry luncheon – Tuesday 22 October
Guidelines & Informatio
Check to see if your business is eligible for nomination: view the QTIC Prize for Innovation in Tourism Nomination Guidelines or visit the QTIC website
For further information please contact Lucinda Wright, QTIC Events Coordinator,
07 3236 1445 or Lucinda.Wright@qtic.com.au
* Micro & small to medium size business is defined as a business with up to 199 employees (Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics).