Need a reason to purchase an RVMAP accredited caravan, camper or motorhome?
- It is the business’s commitment of consistently supplying product that adheres to relevant Australian Design Rules (ADR’s), and Federal Compliance Regulations;
- When making your purchase, have confidence in knowing that there are regular reviews against these commitments;
- The business is committed to working with industry to improve industry standards as well as their own product improvement;
- The business voluntarily chooses to be part of the industry accreditation program as a representation of its commitment to compliance; and
- Accredited businesses have access to extensive technical support to ensure their industry and product knowledge is continually updated.
RVMAP businesses are bound by the program’s Code of Practice which includes several important requirements that go beyond the official government rules and regulations.
Further to this all RVMAP Accredited Business’s must abide by the program’s Code of Ethics.
- RVMAP Accredited Business’s recognise that fair and genuine competition is fundamental to the service to which consumers are entitled;
- RVMAP Accredited Business’s shall at all time conduct their business in a dignified and honourable manner and with a view to maintaining the highest ideals of the industry;
- RVMAP Accredited Business’s shall at all times foster and assist the development of the industry;
- RVMAP Accredited Business’s shall not speak disparagingly of the work or product of any other RVMAP Accredited Business;
- RVMAP Accredited Business’s shall strive at all times to maintain a fair and honest standard of pricing;
- RVMAP Accredited Business’s dealings with employees should be honourable and in keeping with both State and Federal laws and regulations;
- RVMAP Accredited Business’s shall fulfil all contractual obligations, honour warranties, and act promptly where justifiable claims are in order
RVMAP is a voluntary industry program. The RVMAP badge is not intended to be, or should be taken as, a guarantee or warranty to:
- (a) product compliance. Reviews are conducted on a random and sample basis from participating businesses; or
- (b) the financial strength of a participating business. Reviews do not cover financial issues; or
- (c) whether the product meets your needs or is the best product to meet those needs.
The absence of the RVMAP badge from a product is not necessarily an indication of non-compliance or lack of commitment to compliance. Consumers must make their own investigations or seek specific advice on any product they are considering purchasing irrespective of whether or not it carries the RVMAP badge.