The past few months has seen increased activity in national marketing promotions and public relations with the launch of the Camping for Kids and 3-month Toasted TV Co-operative, a 3-week Today Show TV co-operative with Channel Nine, and the Mouths of Mums Competition via Yahoo!7.
Camping for Kids and Toasted TV Co-operative
CampingforKids.com.au in conjunction with BIG4 Holiday Parks, Jayco Caravans and Channel Eleven’s kid show ‘Toasted TV’, went on a 14 week national road trip in a Jayco Motorhome supporting an experience based marketing strategy targeting kids and families with key participation messages.
In addition to promoting industry messaging, it provided a platform to launch a new brand, Camping for Kids, targeted at children and families plus the shared ownership of 580 minutes of TV footage advocating the caravanning lifestyle.
Why Toasted TV?
- Toasted TV promotes kids involvement with 3 hours of entertainment each morning 7 days a week from 6am.
- The kid’s TV program reach averages audience 367,000 people each week, which includes parents.
- 56% of kids make decisions or decide with parents when it comes to holidays eg. nag power.
3-week Today Show TV Co-operative
CRVA once again partnered with Avida Motorhomes and Channel Nine’s The Today Show from Monday 6 May until Friday 24 May. This latest TV promotion included a one-week caravanning roadtrip from South Australia to Victoria (from Monday 6 May – Friday 10 May) and a two-week caravanning and camping competition (from Monday 13 May – Friday 24 May). This campaign was designed to showcase the many opportunities you can experience through a caravanning and camping holiday in line with our experiential marketing strategy.
Each morning over the week, 6 live weather crosses promoted the caravanning and camping lifestyle to a national audience of over 400,000 through third party advocacy.
To support the co-operative CRVA in conjunction with Avida Motorhomes and Top Tourist Parks gave one lucky viewer the chance to win a great competition valued at $127,500.00. This prize pack included a brand new Avida Escape motorhome plus $5,000 worth of holiday vouchers courtesy of Top Tourist Parks of Australia promoted over the three-week period.
Mouths of Mums 7-week Mother’s Day Competition
CRVA partnered with Discovery Holiday Parks and Mouths of Mums for a 7-week co-operative.
This co-operative included weekly editorial promoting consumer participation in the caravanning and camping lifestyle. This was also supported with a 4-week competition component leading into Mother’s Day sponsored by Discovery Holiday Parks.
Mouths of Mums is part of the Yahoo!7 online network and is a dedicated website / forum that targets women and women with family. In total, it has 30,000 members with over 22,000 also registered to their Facebook page plus their website on a weekly basis has a reach of 200,000.
- Over 1,515 entries
- 26,800 views of the caravanning comp page
- A remarketing database generated
- Over 3,014 new social media fans
- 7 travel articles included in the MoM eNewsletter featuring the different experiences in the 7 different states with exclusive Discovery Holiday Parks profiles
CRVA regularly submits articles and press releases to a number of media outlets to positively promote the industry to a wider consumer base. Recent article titles include:
- News Ltd Publication: Pick of the Parks
- The Retiree Magazine: App, App, and Away: Enhancing your Camping and Caravanning experience
- NSW Bowls Magazine: Looking for inspiration for your next weekend away?
- Bicycling Australia Magazine: Bright Our nest Cycling Destination
- Yahoo!7 Lifestyle: The great outdoors is the only medicine you need
News Ltd, The Retiree, Yahoo!7, Bicycling Australia Magazine and NSW Bowls Magazine are just some of the publication titles that have published information that positively promotes the Caravanning & Holiday Parks Industry and lifestyle.