Caravan Industry Association of Australia is the peak national body for the caravanning and camping industry in Australia. Our organisation’s vision is, “To lead and champion a robust, compliant and sustainable caravanning and camping industry in Australia”, with all operation pillars – marketing; research; lobbying and advocacy; compliance, accreditation and training – working towards this vision.
Caravan Industry Association of Australia operates as a not-for-profit organisation with a membership base comprising the individual state caravanning and camping associations, who we work collaboratively with on matters concerning the caravanning and camping industry in Australia. Our members are:
- Caravan, Camping and Touring Industry and Manufactured Housing Industry Association of NSW Limited
- Caravan Industry Association Western Australia Incorporated
- Northern Territory Caravan Parks Association Incorporated
- Caravan Trade and Industries Association of Queensland
- Caravan Parks Association of Queensland Limited
- Caravan and Camping Industries Association of South Australia Incorporated
- Caravan Parks Association of South Australia Incorporated
- Caravanning Tasmania Incorporated
- Victorian Caravan Parks Association Inc.
- Caravan Trade and Industries Association of Victoria
As the peak national body for the Australian caravanning and camping industry, Caravan Industry Association of Australia represents over 3,500 businesses across the entire supply chain. Many of these industry businesses financially support the organisation my making a voluntary contribution towards a cooperative fund that aims to support the sustainability of the greater industry.
In addition, we communicate regularly with consumers who have an interest in the caravanning and camping lifestyle. We maintain an active database of over 313,000 consumers and support this via social media channels with more than 115,000 participants.
Caravanning and Camping in Australia
The caravanning and camping industry is significant in Australia as evidenced by the following fast facts:
- The total value of the caravanning and camping industry to the Australian economy annually is an estimated $19.02 billion.
- Approximately 3,500 caravan and camping industry businesses directly supply product to consumers, covering the entire supply chain from manufacturers to suppliers, retailers, repairers and accommodation providers.
- The caravanning and camping industry has 53,000 direct employees in Australia.
- A total of 22,711 recreational vehicles (towable and motorised) were manufactured in 2015, representing a significant 6.6% increase from production outputs in 2014 – the highest production levels in 37 years.
- A caravan or campervan is manufactured every five minutes in the working week in Australia.
- 586,585 recreational vehicles (RVs) were registered across the country, comprising of 58,375 campervans and 528,210 caravans – an increase of 4.5%.
- Domestic and International visitors generated 49.7 million nights in caravan parks and camping grounds around Australia, contributing AU$8.6 billion of visitor expenditure to the economy.
- 11 million overnight caravan and camping trips (domestic and international) were undertaken throughout Australia in 2015 – a 7% increase from 2014.
To go caravanning and camping is quintessentially Aussie, and as an industry we provide jobs for Australian families, offer all Australians the opportunity to recharge in nature and and reconnect with loved ones in times of holiday, and generate much needed tourism dollars into regional communities.
“To lead and champion a robust, compliant and sustainable caravanning and camping industry in Australia”
Our Organisational Pillars
Chief Executive Officer – Stuart Lamont
General Manager – Marketing and Operations – Keelan Howard
General Manager – Commercial Services – Bebe Mawer
General Manager – Industry Development – Chris Johnson
General Manager Research and Advocacy – Peter Clay
Government Relations and Policy – Julian Harniman
Reception and Administration – Mellisa Parker
PR and Communications –
Graphic Design – Jamie Zajicek
Marketing – Jye Bunge
Compliance and Accreditation – Mark Shipton
Compliance Audits– Anne Campbell
Compliance Audits – Alfredo Jose III
Compliance Audits– Nalin Subasinghe
Technical Liaison – James Field
Accounts & Financial Reporting – Mohneesh (Nesh) Roodurmun
Executive Support – Nadin Pyatnitsa
Industry Researcher – Madeleine Sawyer
03 9815 2015