Research that delivers a sound evidence base for discussions by industry with Government and key organisations
Research represents a key pillar of Caravan Industry Association of Australia and plays an important role in supporting greater recognition of the size and strength of the market to Australia’s economy.
Each year Caravan Industry Association of Australia, with the financial support of the State Associations, undertakes robust research so findings can be used to support policy development as well as business and marketing decisions. Annually, the research team release around 50 monthly snapshots, 40 quarterly snapshots and several key research projects that assist industry in business development and marketing decisions.
Our key publications include:
- Annual release of the State of the Industry report profiling the performance of our industry.
- Ongoing release of the annual Caravan and Campervan Data report based on the ABS Motor Vehicle Census (compiled by BDO).
- Introduced the sector’s first RV Consumer survey which highlights the wants and needs of the the modern Australian owner and potential owners of recreational vehicles
- Continuing CaravanStats.com.au as the one-stop research portal, which draws on data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, state and territory governments, and accommodation providers to support individual businesses and the overall industry.
- Continued reporting accommodation occupancy and yield statistics via the CaravanStats platform, which replaces the ABS’s Survey of Tourism Accommodation – data that hasn’t been available since 2010.
- Continued collection and reporting of recreational vehicle manufacturing data.
- Accommodation and Caravan Import Data Monthly Snapshots
- Released the Chinese Visitors to Caravan Park report examining key trends in this emerging market.
- Released the Australian Real Richness Report study to measure the intangible social and health benefits of going on a caravanning and camping holiday in Australia.
- Conducted an extensively profile of caravan and camping consumers to measure purchase behaviours, market segments and product preferences.
- Collaborated with Houston Consulting to examine the caravan and camping consumer trends to 2030.
State of Industry 2019
The State of the Industry is a comprehensive review of all caravanning and camping tourism figures, recreational vehicle manufacturing and registration statistics for 2018. Click below to get the full story
Real Richness Report 2017
The Real Richness Report set out to discover whether the term ‘happy campers’ was based in fact or fiction. Click below to see an overview of the findings!
If you have an idea for research, would like to contribute to our accommodation data collection project or would like to seek collaboration with the research team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org