Lauren Giancristofaro, Events Coordinator at Caravan Industry Association Western Australia, shares her takeaways from the Future Leaders Conference.
The Future Leaders Community is a group of young, innovative and driven individuals in the caravan and camping industry, who have come together to share knowledge and promote the industry to the youth of today. In doing this, it also encourages younger people to build long-lasting careers in the industry. The conference not only allowed me to introduce myself to my industry peers and build valuable, life-long relationships but I returned with a wealth of knowledge and additional motivation.
I experienced many inspired moments throughout the Future Leaders and National Conferences. Some of these include:
- If you can inspire others to dream big and want more for themselves, you are truly a leader regardless of your title.
- If you want to be a motivator, you have to be motivating.
- How you make people feel is more important to how much you know. Knowledge can be taught.
- The truth is magnetic and when we deliver information about our business from a heart-space, it speaks volumes.
- Turn mistakes into melodies! Give yourself the space to make mistakes and allow yourself time to find a more innovative approach.
- Never be afraid to dress like a crab and dance like no-one is watching!
The greatest breakthrough I had during the conference was listening to Andrew Henderson speak about Leadership. He explained that leadership is a behaviour, rather than a title. I realised that even though I’m not currently in a management role, I can still exercise leadership qualities and inspire those around me. I have always come from a place of positivity and passion, however, this approach has been at the forefront of my mind since the conference.
Future Leaders are the future of the industry! I believe it’s crucial for the under 40s to get involved in the Future Leaders Community because it allows us to unlock the potential in each other, while expressing ourselves in a supportive environment. Like attracts like, and when you surround yourself with like-minded individuals, who are willing to take risks and make changes, the opportunities are endless.
I believe the Future Leaders community is for young, innovative and motivated individuals, who are willing to share strategic ideas and promote the industry from the heart. It’s a great opportunity to connect and build new relationships with others who are wanting to make a difference in this exciting industry. The future is bright!