CEO of Caravan Industry Association of Australia, Stuart Lamont, announced the
launch of an additional accreditation program at this year’s national industry
conference held on the Gold Coast in May.
Rainbow Accreditation has been developed for Caravan Holiday Parks, recognises
operational leadership and professionalism of park owners, managers and staff by
treating all their guests in the same non-discriminatory manner and providing a safe and
comfortable environment for all travellers and guests along with all employees.
Participation in the program is voluntary and supplements the existing Caravan
Holiday Park Accreditation Program.
Rainbow Accreditation recognises a business’s compliance to the following areas:
- Code of Ethics
- Awareness and Knowledge of Sex Discrimination Act
- Workplace free of harassment and discrimination
- Provision of Information for LGBTI tourists
Some interesting facts related to the LGBTI tourist:
- The gay leisure travel market has an estimated 242, 000 Australians in the sector
- This market represents approx. $965 million a year
- Spend per night of a gay traveller is approx. $150 per night which is higher than the general population (higher yield opportunities if you convince them to stay longer in your park)
To learn more about Rainbow Accreditation visit our website or contact:
Compliance and Accreditation